H&K Hits One Out: The H&K P30 

H&K-P30_001
Heckler & Koch and I go way back. I first shot an H&K about 30 years ago. My opinion then was that it was a perfect example of Germanic over-engineering heavy, with snappy recoil, too many parts and everything about it expensive (just like German cars without the leather seats). Despite the vaunted H&K reputation for reliability, I even managed once to break the “anvil” of them all — an MP-5.

                    H&K P30-VIDEO

The relationship was apparently a mutual one, for despite repeated requests, this represents only the second time H&K has sent me something for review.
I was all set to roll out my snarky comments about “shoebox-proportioned slides” and oversize parts. I had all my snappy similes about H&K recoil ready to go. I’ve gotten in trouble in the past with the H&K masses for my less-than-gushing reviews of the H&K firearms I was able to test, even when H&K didn’t send me any. (Borrowed, not from H&K.) And then they sent me the P30.
H&K-P30_002