Power Pair: Ruger SR1911CMD and Ruger SR45 

001_Ruger-SR1911CMD-and-SR45
It was a typical Tuesday here at Gun Abuse Central. An email in my inbox announced, “Patrick, overnight package arriving tomorrow. Need feature ASAP.”
VIDEO.....>>>
No problem.
The box that arrived was plain, but inside were a pair of Ruger boxes. When I opened the first one, my reaction was, “Another SR? What now?” Considering the possibility that Ruger had done something just a bit odd, like chambering it in .357 SIG or .45 GAP, I dropped the magazine out of it as part of my “check and unload” routine. As I was holding the mag, my coffee-starved brain noticed that the magazine was not shaped like the 9mm and .40 I already have here. I turned the pistol over to see the model name: SR45. Wait a minute, this can’t be. The frame doesn’t feel any bigger than my 9 does. What trickery is this?
Well, it isn’t trickery but engineering, and unless you fondle one model and then the other, you won’t notice the difference between a 9mm, a .40 and a .45. And I’m not sure if you picked one up at random when blindfolded you could tell which was which. That’s how slim Ruger managed to make the new SR45.