Rossi Model 92 Lever Action

R92-57008
I’ve always loved the reliable old lever action rifle. Of course back in those days what kid didn’t? Our heroes were a very young Clint Eastwood in Rawhide and of course John Wayne and all of his westerns. There were others of course like Chuck Connors in the Rifleman. One thing John Wayne and Chuck Connors had in common was they both carried Winchester model 92’s.
Annex - Wayne, John (Rio Bravo)_NRFPT_04
When I was old enough my dad presented me with a Marlin 39 for my 11th birthday. How I loved that rifle. From that day on I was really hooked on the lever action rifle. Now here I am all these years later and I enjoy them as much now as I ever have.
Why are lever action actions still so popular? Well it could be a childhood watching them used on TV and in the golden age of western movies. There are many others who have different reasons for liking them and keeping at least one lever action around even for home protection. Then there are those who own rifles handed down to them by a family member that have a special place in the owners’ heart.