Volquartsen Custom 10/22 rifle

20121211_161336-540x405
I first learned of the Volquartsen line of rifles and pistols on Top Shot Season 3, and I then had the opportunity to shoot a Volquartsen SuperLite rifle during my time on Season 4. We were shooting offhand at soda pop openers at 75 feet, and gumballs on tees at 35 feet with a Volquartsen. During the competition, I said to myself, “when I get home, I have to look into getting a Volquartsen. They are beyond awesome.” I’m now the proud owner of a Volquartsen 10/22, and am in love with it.
       video     
20121211_161336
A Volquartsen 10/22 rifle with a blue laminate thumbhole stock, and an “I-Flute” barrel with 2lb match-grade trigger. The Carl Zeiss 4.5-14×44 scope is mounted on an integrated Picatinny rail.
The Volquartsen line of pistols and rifles are like .22 cruise missiles. Aim at your target, and the high precision gun does the rest. The fun part of about getting your own Volquartsen is the number of customization options available. They have varying barrels, stocks, calibers (.22LR, .22WMR, .17HMR, .17Mach2) and muzzle brakes depending on what kind of performance, feel, and aesthetics you’re looking for.
        video       
Photo by David Dyer-Bennet
Photo by David Dyer-Bennet
The 2lb trigger is nice and crisp with a short reset. The 21.5″ I-fluted barrel is lightened through the fluting process, which also helps cool the barrel. The forward-blow compensator is machined from 416 stainless steel and has sixteen precision machined ports.